- has permanent sleeping facilities
- has permanent cooking facilities
- has a permanent toilet
- is anchored or secured alongside a dock
Boating while impaired is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada.
Operators with more than eighty (80) milligrams of alcohol per One Hundred (100) millilitres of blood are liable to the following fines:
- 1st offence: at least One Thousand ($1,000) fine
- 2nd offence: at least Thirty (30) days of imprisonment
- 3rd offence: at least One Hundred Twenty (120) days of imprisonment
The maximum sentence may vary depending on provincial statutes.